Cabal status for GHC 8.0.1

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Tue Jan 12 16:50:33 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

As you likely know the GHC 8.0.1 release is quickly approaching. The
release candidate should be out any moment now and we anticipate a final
release in mid-February.

Consequently, we should start thinking about how we will manage the
Cabal release. Duncan has said that his nix-local-builds branch should
be in good enough shape to be included as a technology preview with the
GHC 8.0 release. Within what timeframe in particular do you think we'll
be able to have a release tagged and (and ideally released)? Is late
January possible?

Cheers,

- Ben