Injective type families

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Mon Jan 11 16:35:05 UTC 2016

I'm joining this conversation late, but I favor TypeFamilyDependencies over InjectiveTypeFamilies. We use the annotations for things other than injectivity! For example,

> type family Plus a b = r | r a -> b, r b -> a

is not injective under any common understanding of the word. And the argument-to-argument dependencies Simon has been musing about are even further from the meaning of "injective".

Richard