Inlining of methods (dictionary accessors) in GHC 7.10?

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Wed Jan 6 05:38:20 UTC 2016

Did something about change with method inlining between GHC 7.8.2 and
7.10.3? I don't mean methods attached to instances, but rather the method
name itself, which I understand is defined as simple field accessors into a
dictionary. I do inlining indirectly via HERMIT, and the method names are
no longer successfully inlining to the accessors. The dictionaries
themselves inline fine, as do field accessors for algebraic types with
named fields.

-- Conal