ORF and renamer

Adam Gundry adam at well-typed.com
Tue Feb 23 14:20:06 UTC 2016

Hi Alan,

I certainly made a few changes to the renamer as part of the ORF work,
but I wouldn't expect them to cause the behaviour you describe. Name
resolution for ambiguous record selectors is deferred to the typechecker
when the DuplicateRecordFields extension is enabled, but unambiguous
selectors (as in your example) are resolved by the renamer. Moreover, I
didn't touch anything to do with uniques. The record selector will be in
scope once, with a single Name containing a single Unique.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the behaviour you describe with:

    ghc-8.0.0.20160204 Field1.hs -ddump-rn-trace -dppr-debug

Can you describe in more detail how to reproduce the problem?

All the best,

Adam

--
Adam Gundry, Haskell Consultant