"Excuse me, I think this i my stop..." - Resigning from the Platform

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 16:25:10 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com>
wrote:

> But then I received it again, yesterday.  The very same message!   I have
> no idea why.  Email is a Mysterious Medium.

I think they restarted the mailing list server; I got that message and a
handful of other messages, which apparently never got cleared from the mail
queue or something. And IIRC shortly before the resends, someone in
#haskell was asking if there were problems with the mailing lists.

(this kind of stuff is why I got out of the business of running mail
servers)