'lub' and 'both' on strictness - what does it mean for products to have different arity?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sat Feb 20 22:02:01 UTC 2016

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 19.02.2016, 12:27 -0500 schrieb Ömer Sinan Ağacan:
> Should I try replacing these cases with panics and try to validate?

of course you can, but I have seen cases where due to type families and
stuff you can have a type-correct program that „looks wrongly typed“
from the point of view of the strictness analyzer. So in these cases it
is indeed the right thing to throw away the conflicting information and
continue.

Greetings,
Joachim

--