Fwd: Is anything being done to remedy the soul crushing compile times of GHC?

Andrey Mokhov andrey.mokhov at newcastle.ac.uk
Thu Feb 18 13:59:25 UTC 2016

Thomas Tuegel <ttuegel at gmail.com> writes:

> I think what Andrey meant was, the first time we run the pre-processors,
> cache the locations of all the files that need to be pre-processed. On
> subsequent runs, we only need to check pre-processors the files in the cache.

Yes, something along the lines. Although I don't fully understand Herbert's comment, so I decided to open an issue about this so we could discuss this without spamming the ghc-devs mailing list:

https://github.com/snowleopard/shaking-up-ghc/issues/210

Herbert, Thomas, and all -- I'd appreciate your input!

Cheers,
Andrey