New type of expressions containing (error ...) includes noisy implicit parameter

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 10:12:31 UTC 2016

On 13 February 2016 at 08:32, Christopher Allen <cma at bitemyapp.com> wrote:

> Prelude> let myList = [1, 2, 3 :: Integer]
> Prelude> let myList' = myList ++ undefined
> Prelude> :t myList
> myList :: [Integer]
> Prelude> :t myList'
> myList' :: (?callStack::GHC.Stack.Types.CallStack) => [Integer]

Yes, and I think perhaps an even more worrying problem here is that by
adding the reference to undefined, myList went from being a thunk to being
a function.  That is, it will be re-evaluated each time it it used.  I made
a ticket about this: https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/11383

Cheers
Simon