problem compiling GHC 8.0.1 release candidate 2 src on Apple

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 19:45:10 UTC 2016

"/usr/local/bin/ghc" -M -static  -H32m -O -Wall   -package-db
libraries/bootstrapping.conf  -this-unit-id terminfo-0.4.0.2
-hide-all-packages -i -ilibraries/terminfo/.
-ilibraries/terminfo/dist-boot/build
-ilibraries/terminfo/dist-boot/build/autogen
-Ilibraries/terminfo/dist-boot/build
-Ilibraries/terminfo/dist-boot/build/autogen -Ilibraries/terminfo/.
 -optP-include
-optPlibraries/terminfo/dist-boot/build/autogen/cabal_macros.h -package-id
base-4.9.0.0 -Wall -XHaskell2010   -no-user-package-db -rtsopts
-fno-warn-unused-imports -fno-warn-deprecated-flags      -odir
libraries/terminfo/dist-boot/build -hidir
libraries/terminfo/dist-boot/build -stubdir
libraries/terminfo/dist-boot/build -dep-makefile
libraries/terminfo/dist-boot/build/.depend-v.haskell.tmp -dep-suffix ""
-include-pkg-deps  libraries/terminfo/./System/Console/Terminfo.hs
 libraries/terminfo/./System/Console/Terminfo/Base.hs
 libraries/terminfo/./System/Console/Terminfo/Cursor.hs
 libraries/terminfo/./System/Console/Terminfo/Color.hs
 libraries/terminfo/./System/Console/Terminfo/Edit.hs
 libraries/terminfo/./System/Console/Terminfo/Effects.hs
 libraries/terminfo/./System/Console/Terminfo/Keys.hs
ghc: unrecognised flag: -this-unit-id

Usage: For basic information, try the `--help' option.
make[1]: *** [libraries/terminfo/dist-boot/build/.depend-v.haskell] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

 ghc --info
 [("Project name","The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System")
 ,("GCC extra via C opts"," -fwrapv -fno-builtin")
 ,("C compiler command","/usr/local/bin/gcc")
 ,("C compiler flags"," -m64 -fno-stack-protector")
 ,("C compiler link flags"," -m64")
 ,("Haskell CPP command","/usr/local/bin/gcc")
 ,("Haskell CPP flags","-E -undef -traditional")
 ,("ld command","/usr/bin/ld")
 ,("ld flags"," -arch x86_64")
 ,("ld supports compact unwind","YES")
 ,("ld supports build-id","NO")
 ,("ld supports filelist","YES")
 ,("ld is GNU ld","NO")
 ,("ar command","/usr/bin/ar")
 ,("ar flags","clqs")
 ,("ar supports at file","NO")
 ,("touch command","touch")
 ,("dllwrap command","/bin/false")
 ,("windres command","/bin/false")
 ,("libtool command","libtool")
 ,("perl command","/usr/bin/perl")
 ,("cross compiling","NO")
 ,("target os","OSDarwin")
 ,("target arch","ArchX86_64")
 ,("target word size","8")
 ,("target has GNU nonexec stack","False")
 ,("target has .ident directive","True")
 ,("target has subsections via symbols","True")
 ,("Unregisterised","NO")
 ,("LLVM llc command","llc")
 ,("LLVM opt command","opt")
 ,("Project version","8.0.0.20160111")
 ,("Project Git commit id","497454fc6610d67a2b2cd7902390c6497bddb483")
 ,("Booter version","7.10.2")
 ,("Stage","2")
 ,("Build platform","x86_64-apple-darwin")
 ,("Host platform","x86_64-apple-darwin")
 ,("Target platform","x86_64-apple-darwin")
 ,("Have interpreter","YES")
 ,("Object splitting supported","YES")
 ,("Have native code generator","YES")
 ,("Support SMP","YES")
 ,("Tables next to code","YES")
 ,("RTS ways","l debug thr thr_debug thr_l thr_p dyn debug_dyn thr_dyn
thr_debug_dyn l_dyn thr_l_dyn")
 ,("RTS expects libdw","NO")
 ,("Support dynamic-too","YES")
 ,("Support parallel --make","YES")
 ,("Support reexported-modules","YES")
 ,("Support thinning and renaming package flags","YES")
 ,("Requires unified installed package IDs","YES")
 ,("Uses package keys","YES")
 ,("Dynamic by default","NO")
 ,("GHC Dynamic","YES")
 ,("GHC Profiled","NO")
 ,("Leading underscore","YES")
 ,("Debug on","False")
 ,("LibDir","/usr/local/lib/ghc-8.0.0.20160111")
 ,("Global Package DB","/usr/local/lib/ghc-8.0.0.20160111/package.conf.d")
 ]