Confused about the sub-modules

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Wed Dec 21 19:14:37 UTC 2016

Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+hs at mega-nerd.com> writes:

> Edward Z. Yang wrote:
>
>> Not any more. The commit just has to exist in the remote repo (that's
>> what the lint checks.)
>
> So this is where I am running into trouble. Everything for process
> and directory is fine, but for Cabal and containers, the git repo
> on git.haskell.org is missing the commits I need.

Hmm, what in particular is missing? Cabal seems up-to-date (both
git.haskell.org:packages/Cabal and github.com/haskell/Cabal master
branches point to 09865f60caa55a7b02880f2a779c9dd8e1be5ac0). As does
containers (both point to 71c64747120c3cd1b91f06731167009b0e5b2454).

In general all of this should be reasonably automatic. However, when
upstreams push non-fast-forward updates to their branches a bit of
manual intervention is necessary; if in doubt just ask as you've done
here.

Cheers,

- Ben