Help needed: Restrictions of proc-notation with RebindableSyntax

Jan Bracker jan.bracker at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:57:38 UTC 2016

Simon, Richard,

thank you for your answer! I don't have time to look into the GHC sources
right now, but I will set aside some time after the holidays and take a
close look at what the exact restrictions on proc-notation are and document
them.

Since you suggested a rewrite of GHC's handling of proc-syntax, are there
any opinions on integrating generalized arrows (Joseph 2014) in the
process? I think they would greatly improve arrows! I don't know if I have
the time to attempt this, but if I find the time I would give it a try. Why
wasn't this integrated while it was still actively developed?

Best,
Jan

[Joseph 2014] https://www2.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/
2014/EECS-2014-130.pdf