SSH failing on Windows

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Aug 22 09:13:49 UTC 2016

I'm continuing the saga of setting up my lovely Surface Book.  Succeeding, just, but see below.

Now my problem is that 'git push' doesn't work.  My 'pushurl' is
        pushurl = ssh://git@git.haskell.org/ghc.git
which is correct I think.

I have a .ssh directory set up, with a copy of all the files that used to work.

But 'git push' says

/c/code/HEAD$ git push

Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.

So presumably it's a ssh problem.  Turned out (via ssh -v) that I was getting

debug1: Skipping ssh-dss key /c/users/simonpj/.ssh/id_dsa for not in PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes

I solved this by adding to .ssh/config the line

PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes +ssh-dss

But I guess this is bad practice.  How would I
(a) generate RSA keys
(b) push them to git.haskell.org (or wherever they need to go)

Is there a wiki page describing this?  The (b) part at least is GHC specific, as is the strange pushurl.

Thanks