Request for feedback: deriving strategies syntax

Nicolas Frisby nicolas.frisby at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 20:00:16 UTC 2016

The Report specifies the semantics of most (all other than Generic?)
derivation strategies that are baked-in to the compiler.

https://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/haskell2010/haskellch11.html#x18-18200011

I think this raises an issue of what *exactly* we are currently referring
to as "bespoke". E.G. can it vary with the precise compiler being used?
(Maybe your wiki page addresses this; I haven't clicked through.)

But maybe "language-report" would supplant "bespoke". And perhaps "GHC-7.8"
would also make sense, if the baked-in derivation scheme varies from the
report's spec? Etc.

HTH. -Nick