Draft 8.0 Mac build directions
george.colpitts at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 23:25:45 UTC 2016
Thanks for working on this!
fwiw, my comments:
1. It would be good to provide a link to the current doc so we can
compare with that.
2. Steps 12, 13, 14 and 15 are only necessary if you are building from
a fresh git checkout, not necessary if you're building from source tree
tarball from a release candidate , right?
3. If your path is set so that the gcc you want to use is one it
specifies than you don't need either of the two (!!) step 16s, at least in
4. For step 17, in my experience, I don't have to use --with-gcc ....
For with-nm the best way to specify is as Brandon wrote --with-nm=$(xcrun
5. After either 18 or 19 it would probably be good to mention the option
of doing sudo make install
Thanks for jumping on this, the old doc definitely needs updating
On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 7:24 PM Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald at gmail.com>
> Woops forgot to link them this morning
> Feedback would be appreciated.
> And still need to mention cabal install hscolour :)
> Pardon the noise and feedback would be appreciated!
> On Thursday, April 28, 2016, Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald at gmail.com>
>> Hey all:
>> I've drafted some hopefully cleaner Mac build directions and I'd love
>> some feedback on them
>> Nb: I think I forgot to mention the cabal install hscolour step, I'll add
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ghc-devs