Re: perf.haskell.org’s list of branches got more useful

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Wed Apr 27 03:42:25 UTC 2016

On 04/26/2016 11:11 PM, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 26.04.2016, 16:57 +0200 schrieb Bardur Arantsson:
>> On 04/26/2016 01:09 PM, Joachim Breitner wrote:
>>> * What does "2 days ago" mean?
>>> The age of the latest commit to the branch.
>>>
>> FWIW, I think adding a few simple table headings might help
>> enormously.
>>
>> "Last commit", "?", "Branch", "Last commit message", "Diffstat".
>>
>> (or something like that.)
>
> good idea; although often with tables space is thight, and narrow
> columns don’t allow for wide enough headers.

You can always shorten the text or use abbreviations and then add hover
text with the 'full name' of the column. Mouse hover text isn't *great*
UX-wise, but probably better than nothing. It's generally a little less
'discoverable' even if people are generally used to the idea of hover
tooltips. Additionnaly, I'm not sure how well this will work for blind
people who use screen readers.

Regards,