GHC 8.0.1-rc4 source tarball availability

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 00:40:49 UTC 2016

Definitely more complicated than I thought. :)

It also seems as if Xcode has changed in that I used to be able to install
command line tools from Xcode and did. However in Xcode 7.3 Preferences->
Components implies I already have it.

I guess the best thing would be for configure to figure all this out and do
the right thing. I'm guessing that is not easy and I don't believe it is
critical for the release of 8.0. The second best thing to do would be to
have the error message suggest two possible workaround/fixes with an
explanation that one is for people with full Xcode, the other for people
with only XCode command line tools.

In any case I trust in your judgement and that of other ghc developers with
more experience than me to do the right thing. I wish I could be more
helpful.

Cheers
George