GHC 8.0.1-rc4 source tarball availability

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 22:59:06 UTC 2016

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Ben Gamari <ben at well-typed.com> wrote:

> Hmm, although I just checked on our OS X test box (which has the
> command-line tools installed, not full XCode) and it seems that the
> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/Toolchains directory doesn't exist.
> Presumably this is a (rather unfortunate) difference between full XCode
> and the command-line package. Do you know whether there is some advice
> that we might be able to offer that will work in both cases?

There doesn't seem to be an nm-classic corresponding to the Command Line
Tools. In 10.11 at least, that package name is a misnomer; the command line
utilities are part of the base system (com.apple.pkg.Essentials) and the
SDK package is just includes and libs. There's no nm-classic hidden in
either of them.