GHC 8 and Template Haskell

Eric Seidel eric at seidel.io
Thu Apr 14 21:31:53 UTC 2016

I think a general "no TH changes after the first RC" seems reasonable as
part of the broader feature freeze.

But this case seems decidedly more of a bug fix than a feature addition,
since TH *should* have feature parity with Haskell syntax. So I'd favor
merging Iavor's patch.

I also like Austin's suggestion that we require template-haskell patches
alongside new syntax.

Eric