Reification of out-of-scope variables?

Facundo Domínguez facundo.dominguez at tweag.io
Wed Apr 13 11:31:41 UTC 2016

An implementation for untyped splices could be:
* Have a map from internal names to the local typing environments.
* When the renamer runs addGroupFinalizer it generates an internal
name and annotates the AST with the internal name at the location of
the splice.
* When the type checker finds the annotation it inserts the local
typing environment in the map.
* When the finalizer runs, it looks up its local typing environment in the map.

It is not as simple as running the splice in the typechecker, but
would you still be happy merging a solution like this?

Facundo