GHC 8.0.1-rc3 source tarball availability

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Mon Apr 11 01:55:24 UTC 2016

Ben Gamari <ben at well-typed.com> writes:

> Geoffrey Mainland <mainland at apeiron.net> writes:
>
>> Does it take a while for the source tarball to show up? All I see is the
>> Linux binary distribution.
>>
> Oh dear, it seems I moved over the wrong file. Sorry about that,
> everyone.
>
> Moreover, I noticed while looking through the patch review queue this
> afternoon that there are a few patches that should really be in the RC
> as well. I may take this mistake as an opportunity to fold these in.
>
> I'll try to get a new tarball up in the next few hours and post an
> update here when this happens.

I've pushed a new tarball based on
9c48d8a02dd80bba3bd313bc52add841530e28dc. I have pushed essentially
everything into this candidate that I expect will go into 8.0.1. It
validates but it isn't nearly as well tested as the previous tree. I'll
try doing some further builds tomorrow and let you all know if anything
goes awry.

Happy building!

Cheers,

- Ben