GHC 8.0.1-rc3 source tarball availability

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Sun Apr 10 15:05:11 UTC 2016

tl;dr: If you would like to produce a binary distribution for GHC
       8.0.1-rc3 then let us know, grab the source distribution and
       start building. The binary distributions will be all released one
       week from today.

Hello GHC packagers,

Austin and I are happy to announce the release of the 8.0.1-rc3 source
distribution to binary packagers. You will find the tarball and usual
assortment of signatures at

    http://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.0.1-rc3/

This release is the first where we are following our new release policy
[1], where a one-week delay will be introduced between the release of
the source and binary distributions. The goal of this policy is to give
all platforms the opportunity for support from the first day of a
release.

If all of the expected binary releases are submitted before the
week-long delay is through, we can move forward with the release ahead
of schedule. Given how late release candidate 3 is, we'd naturally like
to get the binary releases out as soon is possible: The sooner we can
get this -rc out the door the sooner we can get to the final release.
Moreover, it would be appreciated if you could confirm that you intend
to offer a binary distribution this release.

Otherwise, let either Austin or I know if you have any trouble building
your distribution. I have yet to push the 8.0.1-rc3 tag in case we
encounter unexpected issues but all of my builds with this tarball
thusfar have gone quite well.

Good luck and thanks for all of your work!

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2016-March/011546.html