Feature development

Sazanovich Nikita nikitasazanovich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 07:29:20 UTC 2016

Oh, sure it is gcc ticket right now. Thanks.

So this is that I’ve done so far. https://phabricator.haskell.org/D2084 <https://phabricator.haskell.org/D2084>
Just for your convenience I've copied my initial message:

I am working on ticket https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/5850 now.
I’ve come upon converting the type, which GHC.compileExpr returns, to my prompt function type [PModule] -> Int -> IO String. But this function returns ghc-prim-0.5.0.0:GHC.Prim.Any. I don’t see a clear way to convert it. So my questions are:
- What this type is about? I know Any type in Haskell. Is it a specific version of it?
- Or maybe it is not the best way to check a function correctness? I’ve checked out InteractiveEval module and it seems that there are only four quite similar functions to compile Expressions.
Last person, who was trying to solve this problem, used Unsafe.Coerce and it is also doing this job pretty well now, but the name speaks for itself.