Feature development

Sazanovich Nikita nikitasazanovich at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:22:46 UTC 2016

  Hello!
  I am working on ticket https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/5850 <https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/5850> now. I’ve come upon converting the type, which GHC.compileExpr returns, to my prompt function type [PModule] -> Int -> IO String. But this function returns ghc-prim-0.5.0.0:GHC.Prim.Any. I don’t see a clear way to convert it. So my questions are:
- What this type is about? I know Any type in Haskell. Is it a specific version of it?
- Or maybe it is not the best way to check a function correctness? I’ve checked out InteractiveEval module and it seems that there are only four quite similar functions to compile Expressions.
  Last person, who was trying to solve this problem, used Unsafe.Coerce and it is also doing this job pretty well now, but the name speaks for itself.
  Thank you.