Unlifted data types

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Tue Sep 8 13:45:40 UTC 2015

I have put up an alternate set of proposals on

  https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/UnliftedDataTypes

These sidestep around `Force` and `suspend` but probably have other problems. They make heavy use of levity polymorphism.

Back story: this all was developed in a late-evening Haskell Symposium session that took place in the hotel bar. It seems Edward and I walked away with quite different understandings of what had taken place. I've written up my understanding. Most likely, the Right Idea is a combination of this all!

See what you think.

Thanks!
Richard