more releases

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 7 14:57:10 UTC 2015

Merging and releasing a fix to the stable branch always carries a cost: it might break something else.  There is a real cost to merging, which is why we've followed the lazy strategy that Ben describes.

Still, even given the lazy strategy we could perfectly well put out minor releases more proactively; e.g. fix one bug (or a little batch) and release.  Provided we could reduce the per-release costs.

Simon