Proposal: Argument Do

Thomas Miedema thomasmiedema at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 09:32:41 UTC 2015

Hi Andrew,

thank you for the write-up. There are some good hints in there for how to
make the documentation better. If you had used `BuildFlavour = stage2`, as
the Newcomers page suggests, you'd have had some less trouble. I'll go and
edit the HowtomakeGHCbuildquickly section, because it is outdated.

> From the Newcomers page, it’s not quite clear exactly how to make it only
build Stage 2, even though it suggests doing so.

The newcomers page says:

   - ## edit build.mk to remove the comment marker # on the line stage=2
   - To speed up the development cycle, the final edit of build.mk makes
   sure that only the stage-2 compiler will be rebuild after this (see here
   about stages).

Maybe you missed the comment about editing build.mk? Can you make
suggestions how to make this more clear? I added some whitespace, but I'm
not sure that's enough.

Thanks,
Thomas