Can't push to haddock repo

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvriedel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 13:03:31 UTC 2015

In the GHC tree:

$ grep haddock packages
utils/haddock                -           -                               ssh://git@github.com/haskell/haddock.git

says that the upstream repo for Haddock is ssh://...

(there are some comments in the 'packages' file that explain what the
last column means)

so you have to do something like

  git push ssh://git@github.com/haskell/haddock.git HEAD:wip/spj-wildcard-refactor

(the 'HEAD:' part may be optional, it just says, push what is the
current HEAD of your local repo to the remote branch wip/...)

HTH

On 2015-10-26 at 13:57:55 +0100, Simon Peyton Jones wrote:
> I can't update the haddock repository!   (I want to add a new branch for my in-flight work.)
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks
> Simon
>

> git push --set-upstream origin wip/spj-wildcard-refactor
>
> remote: W refs/heads/wip/spj-wildcard-refactor haddock simonpj DENIED by refs/.*
>
> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/wip/spj-wildcard-refactor
>
> To ssh://git@git.haskell.org/haddock.git
>
> ! [remote rejected] wip/spj-wildcard-refactor -> wip/spj-wildcard-refactor (hook declined)
>
> error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://git@git.haskell.org/haddock.git'
>
> haddock $

"Elegance is not optional" -- Richard O'Keefe