Request to reopen the issue of 7.8 on El Capitan

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 23:19:33 UTC 2015

There are no plans to do a new 7.8 release at this Time.  Even doing a
point release for 7.10.3 is still speculative.

We should reflect the capitan issue in the installation documentation.  And
or remark that only 7.10 or newer is supported on El Capitan.

If a user needs a 7.8 build that works on capitan, they will need to build
a source dist with an updated UNIX package.