Remote GHCi

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 09:44:19 UTC 2015

Hi Andrew -

Since the interpreted code is running in a separate process that we
spawn using createProcess, we can set stdin/stdout/stderr to be whatever
we like, including new pipes.  GHC itself needs two pipes to communicate
with the sub-process, but those use separate file descriptors from the
std Handles.

So I think the answer is yes, we can support that more easily with
remote GHCi.  I'll think about what API we can provide for it.