[ANNOUNCE] 7.10.3 release candidate 3

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Wed Nov 18 14:48:16 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

We are pleased to announce the third release candidate of GHC 7.10.3:

    https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/7.10.3-rc3/

There have been a few changes since -rc2,

  * The newly-introduced readelf configure check has been disabled on
    non-ELF platforms

  * Some tracing output from the typechecker that was causing
    some testsuites to fail was removed

  * A latent bug in call arity analysis (#11064) is fixed

  * A code generation bug (#10870) in the PowerPC NCG is fixed

  * A bug in the treatment of foreign calls during demand analysis
    (#11076) which had affected GHCJS is fixed

  * A bug in the x86 NCG causing invalid assembly to be produced
    when compiling with `-g` is fixed.

At this moment you will find the source tarball, as well as, 64-bit
Windows, Mac OS X, 32- and 64-bit modern Linux (built on Debian 8)
binary distributions available at the above URL. As usual, you may need
to work around our content delivery network's update latency by adding
redundant forward-slashes to the URL.

It has come to our attention that there still may be some issues with
long command lines on Windows with this release: While the toolchain
upgrade included in this release has the response file support necessary
to work around this limitation, the version of the Cabal library
shipped with this release does not. Unfortunately, the fix [1], which
affects Cabal's haddock integration, has not yet shipped in a Cabal
release. If you encounter this issue you might consider installing Cabal
and cabal-install from git.

Lastly, I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge Futureice [2], who have
donated a brand new Mac Mini for use by GHC developers to help support
this platform. Their generosity is the reason we are able to offer OS X
builds to you today.

Many thanks to Futureice for this donation!

Happy testing!

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://github.com/haskell/cabal/commit/1c1228a808b55331ac1db6d71fd2f8533f5fc57e