Remote GHCi

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Tue Nov 17 14:29:54 UTC 2015

How does this interact with typechecker plugins? I assume they would still happen in GHC's process.

I've also been thinking about designing and implementing a mechanisms where programmers could specify custom pretty-printers for their types, and GHC would use these pretty-printers in error messages. This action would also probably need to be in the same process.

Would either of these ideas be affected? My guess is "no", because we should be able to be selective in what gets farmed out to the second process and what stays locally.

Richard