build system issue: some changes in libraries doesn't trigger required rebuilds

Ömer Sinan Ağacan omeragacan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 00:01:03 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm having this annoying issue all the time: Whenever a `git pull origin
master` updates a library(one of the submodules, like `Binary`) a `make`
doesn't trigger required rebuilds(e.g. it doesn't rebuild libraries and tries
to rebuild GHC code).

I don't know how to force build libraries, so most of the time I end up doing
`make distclean` and wasting 30 minutes.

I was wondering if there's a way to force rebuilding libraries? Or can we fix
the build system somehow?