[ANNOUNCE] 7.10.3 release candidate 2

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Sun Nov 8 09:44:27 UTC 2015

Ben Gamari <ben at well-typed.com> writes:

>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> We are pleased to announce the second release candidate for GHC 7.10.3:
>>
>>     https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/7.10.3-rc2/
>>
> It has been brought to my attention that the configure script in this
> source tarballs is out of date. Because of this `configure` will
> still fail on OS X. Reports suggest that there may be other issues
> unrelated to the configure issue on OS X as well.

Further testing suggests that perhaps the only issue is the out-of-date
`configure` script. Mac OS X users with `autotools` installed should be
able to run `./boot` in the source tree to bring `configure` up-to-date,
at which point this release candidate should be buildable.

I'll cut an -rc3 with a fixed `configure` script today.

Cheers,

- Ben