Printing local Var(Id) types(in Outputable outputs)

Ömer Sinan Ağacan omeragacan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 02:13:15 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm considering getting into the trouble of implementing this: A flag for
printing types of local Ids. To be more specific, I'd like to see types of
local Ids and binders in case expression alternatives etc. I may name it
-dshow-local-id-types or something like that.

An example output would be like this. Instead of:

      case ds_dPC of _ [Occ=Dead] {
        C1 l_avq -> ...
        C2 r_avr -> ...
      }

It would print:

      case ds_dPC of _ [Occ=Dead] {
        C1 (l_avq :: Type1) -> ...
        C2 (r_avr :: Type2) -> ...
      }

So my questions are:

* Do we already have something like this? (I can't see it in man page)

* Do you think, for some reason, this would be useless? (maybe there's some
  workaround etc. that has a similar effect)

Thanks.