[ANNOUNCE] GHC 7.10.3 release candidate 1

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Wed Nov 4 15:46:18 UTC 2015

I can't build 7.10.3 RC1 because I don't have readelf. ./configure says this:

> checking for readelf... no
> configure: error: cannot find readelf in your PATH

A (very) quick search has turned up no help. I'm worried that my problem is that I'm still running Mac OS 10.8.5 (Snow Leopard? I never could keep track of all the animals... and now mountains.) I *really* don't want to upgrade, as I tried 10.9 once and it brought my system to its knees... had to reformat to downgrade back to 10.8.

Help?

Thanks!
Richard