[ANNOUNCE] GHC 7.10.3 release candidate 1

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Mon Nov 2 16:03:18 UTC 2015

We are pleased to announce the first (and hopefully only) release
candidate for GHC 7.10.3:

    https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/7.10.3-rc1/

This includes the source tarball and bindists for 64-bit and 32-bit
modern Linux (GMP 5.0 or later) and Windows. These binaries and tarballs
have an accompanying SHA256SUMS file signed by my GPG key id
(0x97DB64AD). As always, our content delivery network tends to be a bit
slow on the uptake. If you see an empty directory at this URL just add a
few superfluous slashes to the end; this is typically enough to fool it.

The 7.10.2 release was well-behaved save a couple notable bugs; while we
have merged a good number of bug fixes in 7.10.3 they were were
largely low risk and so we expect that this release should be
similiarly stable.

The one exception to this is an upgrade of the Windows compiler
toolchain to GCC 5.2. Windows users have been long suffering at the hand
of our old toolchain (e.g. lack of response file support, #8596, and
lack of SEH support) so we expect that this change should fix far more
than breaks.

We plan to make the 7.10.3 release sometime next week.

Please test this as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find
them before the release and this will ideally be the last release of the
7.10 series.

Happy testing,

- Ben