[Haskell-cafe] RFC: "Native -XCPP" Proposal

Lars Kuhtz haskell at kuhtz.eu
Wed May 27 17:12:11 UTC 2015

On 21/05/15 19:07, Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:
>> Don't you still have to support -pgmF?
>
> I guess so, unfortunately... so we'd have to keep a legacy code-path for
> external cpp processing around, at least in the short run...

I think it’s unfortunate if industrial usage of GHC is supported only through legacy code-paths.

I think non-technical arguments do matter here. It is about explanations. Convincing a company to use Haskell can be already quite a challenge. Additional legal issues don’t make that easier.

The gmp dependency is causing already enough trouble for industrial users. Let’s not just add another licensing issue.

Lars