Debugging the RTS

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Fri May 15 22:56:55 UTC 2015

Jost Berthold wrote:

> To build a GHC with debug-way RTS, you need to add GhcRtsWays += debug
> to your build.mk (also see mk/config.mk{.in}, which gathers the default
> ways to build depending on platform and build configuration).

Since we're talking about updating the documentation, I would like to
note that the identifuer "GhcRtsWays" is not present at all, anywhere
in the GHC tree :-).

I do however notice that the debug way is built by default.

I was also able to build a ghc-stage2 with the debug RTS by adding
"-debug" to GhcStage2HcOpts in mk/build.mk.

Cheers,
Erik