Cabal and simultaneous installations of the same package

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon May 11 10:21:51 UTC 2015

I see this as mission-critical to relieving Cabal hell.  (Am I alone?)  So it’s great that Vishal is going to work on it.  Go Vishal!

Can I take it, then, that the Cabal developers will be sufficiently involved that, assuming there are no show-stopping problems, they’ll accept the patch?

It is tantalising to me that something so critical has been so long delayed.   It’d be fantastic if it was done this summer.

Simon