[Haskell-cafe] RFC: "Native -XCPP" Proposal

Christian Maeder c.maeder at jacobs-university.de
Fri May 8 07:50:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

using cpphs is the right way to go!

Rewriting it from scratch may be a good exercise but is (essentially) a
waste of time.

However, always asking Malcolm to get source changes into cpphs would be
annoying.

Therefore it would be great if the sources were just part of the ghc
sources (under git).

Another "problem" might be the dependency "polyparse" that is currently
not part of the core libraries.

(I guess that replacing polyparse by something else would also be a nice
exercise.)

So (for me) the only question is, if Malcolm is willing to transfer
control over cpphs to the haskell-community (or ghc head) - of course
with due acknowledgements!

Cheers Christian