traverse_

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 10:41:27 UTC 2015

We deliberately took no more symbols than we needed in 7.10 from Prelude as
part of the Foldable/Traversable Proposal. There are multiple combinators
in Data.Foldable and Data.Traversable that we do not export. traverse_ is
one of them as, strictly speaking, traverse_ was a symbol we didn't have to
take.

If we had would anybody have complained any more loudly? Not sure... but it
was a deliberate choice to not bring in any symbols into Prelude that
weren't already there that weren't part of the definition of a class or
needed to define instances that already existed.

-Edward