wither the Platform

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Wed Mar 25 10:10:37 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-25 at 10:52:20 +0100, Simon Peyton Jones wrote:

[...]

>> • Some of the package versions included with the platform have known
>>   and severe bugs, and cannot be reliably upgraded.

[...]

> I guess the solution is to release a new version of HP.

IMHO, if HP releases are to happen more frequently, a simple way to
upgrade would be desirable rather than having to download a new
multi-MiB full installer image each time only because a single package
was updated (and the ability to have access to multiple HP releases
side-by-side -- in case that isn't supported already)

Or put differently, how shall HP users be informed they're not running
the latest HP version with all known critical bugs fixed?

Cheers,
  hvr