Backporting srcLoc to the GHC 7.10 branch

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Mon Mar 23 11:49:28 UTC 2015

It looks like the srcLoc change[1] is something that some of our (FP
Complete's) customers would be quite interested in getting access to sooner
rather than later. Would there be any possibility of getting that patch
merged into the 7.10 branch of GHC? I'm not sure if I'd try my luck at
actually including it in 7.10.1, but would it be on the table for 7.10.2?

We do of course have the option of backporting it ourselves and including
it in a custom GHC we provide customers, but we generally try to stay as
close to upstream as possible.

[1] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/9049