LLVM failures

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Wed Mar 4 20:21:55 UTC 2015

George Colpitts <george.colpitts at gmail.com> writes:

> A side question, my understanding is that llvm-3.5 is  the "official" llvm
> for ghc 7.10. Does anybody know if llvm-3.6 works with ghc 7.10?

I'm afraid that we won't have support for LLVM 3.6 until GHC 7.12 due to
non-backwards compatible syntax changes in LLVM's intermediate
language. With GHC 7.12 we will have precisely one supported LLVM
version which we will optionally ship with the GHC release. Depending
upon timing this will be either LLVM 3.6 or 3.7.

Cheers,

- Ben