expanding type synonyms in error messages

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 19 07:42:35 UTC 2015

On this thread, a representative collection of *reproducible examples* with the actual error message and the desired one, would be tremendously helpful.  Lacking that, it’s hard to know where to begin.   (Creating the examples takes a bit of work, I know.)

Start a wiki page!  Stuff in email threads gets lost

Simon