Re: build system question build-prog and bindisttest

Tamar Christina lonetiger at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 19:08:50 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the help!

I have removed the call to bindist and I was indeed missing a similar line in the main GHC.mk

Unfortunately I still get the same error:

  HC [stage 2] driver/ghc-split/dist/build/tmp/ghc-split.exe
/bin/sh: inplace/bin/ghc-stage2.exe: No such file or directory
driver/ghc-split/ghc.mk:21: recipe for target 'driver/ghc-split/dist/build/tmp/ghc-split.exe' failed
make[1]: *** [driver/ghc-split/dist/build/tmp/ghc-split.exe] Error 127

Though not quite sure why it’s looking in inplace/bin..

I was indeed following that page, but haven't been able to consult the wiki today as Trac has been throwing an error all day.

The line I added was:

driver/ghc-split/dist/package-data.mk: compiler/stage2/package-data.mk

Any ideas?

Regards,

Tamar