Building a minimal/essential GHC

Jakub Zalewski jakzale at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 20:20:49 UTC 2015

Dear all,
I am working on porting GHC to [native client](
https://developer.chrome.com/native-client), which has some degree of
POSIX-compliance.

I was thinking about building just the minimal/most essential parts of GHC
that is enough to compile simple Haskell programs.

I wanted to ask which parts of GHC are the most essential and sufficient
enough to compile a simple Haskell program, for instance to compile `main =
putStrLn "Hello, world!"`?

I also wanted to ask how to force a GHC build without a particular package
that comes by default, for instance how to build GHC without the `unix`
package?

Best wishes,
Jakub