Delaying 7.10?

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Thu Jan 29 19:54:58 UTC 2015

After thinking about it a little, I'm fine with pushing the release out to
March. I think #9858 is the more serious of our concerns vs a raging
debate, too.

My only concern really is dealing with the merging of such a patch. For
example, if the patch to fix this is actually as wide ranging as we believe
to the type hacker, I can definitely foresee a merge conflict, with, say,
the recent -fwarn-redundant-constraints, which I've managed to leave out of
7.10 so far.

In any case, with some more time, we can work those details out.

--
Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant