vectorisation code?

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvriedel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 08:47:13 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-20 at 09:37:25 +0100, Jan Stolarek wrote:
>> Here's an alternate suggestion: in SimplCore, keep the call to vectorise
>> around, but commented out

> Yuck. Carter and Brandon are right here - we have git, let it do the
> job. I propose that we remove vectorization code, create a Trac ticket
> about vectorization & DPH needing love and record the commit hash in
> the ticket so that we can revert it easily in the future.

I'm also against commenting out dead code in the presence of a VCS.

Btw, here's two links discussing the issues related to commenting out if
anyone's interested in knowing more:

 - http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/190096/can-commented-out-code-be-valuable-documentation

 - http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/45378/is-commented-out-code-really-always-bad

Cheers,