Redundant constraints

Lennart Kolmodin kolmodin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 20:26:27 UTC 2015

>   Friends
>
> I’ve pushed a big patch that adds –fwarn-redundant-constraints (on by
> default).  It tells you when a constraint in a signature is unnecessary,
> e.g.
>
>      f :: Ord a => a -> a -> Bool
>
>      f x y = True
>
> I think I have done all the necessary library updates etc, so everything
> should build fine.
>
> Four libraries which we don’t maintain have such warnings (MANY of them in
> transformers) so I’m ccing the maintainers:
>
> o   containers
>
> o   haskeline
>
> o   transformers
>
> o   binary

I'd like to update binary to not have any unnecessary constraints. I
couldn't find any though.
commit c409b6f30373535b6eed92e55d4695688d32be9e removes unnecessary
constraints from ghc maintained libraries, and silences the
redundant-constraints warnings from the other libraries containers,
haskeline and transformers.
I couldn't find anything related to binary though, nor any warnings in the
build log.
If there are any, please let me know, or file a bug at
http://github.com/kolmodin/binary

Thanks! Lennart